We believe in the power of coaching to support teachers in their implementation of best practices and improving student learning through building professional learning communities (PLCs). PLC Coaching provides real-time, job-embedded learning to teams and provides teachers the opportunity to maximize the potential of their greatest resource: each other.
On-site, PLC Team Coaching:
We help with building professional learning communities by connecting theory to practice and coach teams to take collective action based on the DeFour's four critical questions:
- What do students need to learn?
- How will we know students have learned it?
- How will we respond if they have not learned it yet?
- How will we respond if they already know it?
Utilizing a research-based coaching cycle, we support teams with:
- Analyzing data to set shared student-learning goals
- Unpacking the goal by creating success criteria
- Creating common formative assessments to monitor student progress toward the shared student-learning goal.
- Choosing a high-impact instructional strategy
- Analyzing common formative assessment data to take collective action