Janet Sturm is a professor of speech-language pathology at Central Michigan University. Her specialty is teaching students with disabilities that are significant, writing instruction, classroom communication, writing software, augmentative and alternative communication, implementation science.
In this Youtube series, Dr. Strum explores writing for students with significant disabilities by talking about:
- building emergent writers through a team approach
- the power of developmental writing scales
- creating effective accommodations in writing
- old assumptions and new perspectives on writing
- advice on writing instruction for new writing teachers
- teaching students with disabilities to write independently