Students with hearing loss have unique needs and challenges when it comes to their academic and social development. We've partnered with experts in the field of deaf and hard of hearing education to help us better understand the needs of our students with hearing loss.
In this series we break down hearing and hearing loss, explain the benefits and challenges of inclusive classrooms, give tips on supporting your staff and students with hearing loss, and discuss topics like amplification devices, accommodations, and the importance of interpreters.
Videos in series:
- Understanding Hearing and Hearing Loss
- Expert Interview: Impact on Speech and Language with Kim Hassack
- Expert Interview: Can You Hear Me? with Carol Flexer
- Expert Interview: First Experience Teaching Students with Hearing Loss with Laura Bristow
- Expert Interview: Supporting the Staff with Laura Bristow
- Expert Interview: Setting the Student up for Success with Laura Bristow
- Expert Interview: Ideal Inclusion Settings with Kay Suttle-Field
- Expert Interview: The Benefits and Challenges of Inclusion Settings with Kay Suttle-Field
- Expert Interview: Amplification Equipment with Yvonne Delgado
- Interpreting for students