This training provides certification for non-health-related practitioners and health practitioners. Certificates will be issued to all participants who successfully complete the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) approved spinal screening program. Two sessions times are offered on Dec. 6th:
In compliance with Health and Safety Code, Chapter 37, all children shall undergo screening for abnormal spinal curvature in accordance with the following schedule:
- Girls are screened two times, once at age 10 (or fall semester of grade 5) and again at age 12 (or fall semester of grade 7).
- Boys are screened one time at age 13 or 14 (or fall semester of grade 8).
- This is a provisional certification since it is virtual and the practicum portion can't be done.
- The continuing education (CE)credits do NOT apply for nursing credit.
How to Join
- For this workshop, the confirmation and info to connect virtually are emailed to each participant from the DSHS presenter a few days before the workshop.
- Trainings will be conducted through Microsoft Teams, and will not require specialized software.
- You will need to use one of the following: a computer, laptop, chrome book, tablet, or smartphone with audio/video (camera) capability.
- When you receive the TEAMS Meeting Invite:
- Please click “accept” and it will save the link in your email/calendar.
- On the day of the workshop, you will need to click “Join Meeting” at least 5 to 10 minutes before the workshop starts and you will automatically be redirected to TEAMS.
- The join button will not appear until about 10 minutes before the meeting. You can right-click on the TEAM icon on the calendar and then click on join meeting from the menu options.