In The Mindful Writing Series, educators will engage in the nine attitudinal factors of mindfulness (Jon Kabat-Zinn) in order to learn strategies for helping students relieve writing anxieties and build self-compassion, stamina, and self-efficacy in writing practice. In each session, learners will create intentions, practice mindful breathing, and write from the mindset of non-judging, patience, a beginner’s mind, trust, non-striving, acceptance, letting go, gratitude, and generosity. Participants will leave with mindful writing activity tools for instructional application.
“Introduction Mindful Writing in the ELAR Classroom"
In this workshop, participants will:
- assess current attitude and state intentions.
- define mindfulness.
- define mindful writing.
- understand the role of mindfulness in the classroom.
- engage in a mindfulness activity.
- engage in a mindful writing activity
- use a digital interactive tool to collect and create mindful writing strategies.