Online Course Description
The main objectives of the course include:
- Understanding the nature and needs of gifted students through an exploration of characteristics and behaviors of both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Understanding the social and emotional needs of gifted students.
- Identifying the criteria of the Texas State Plan for Gifted Students and how these standards will guide program decisions.
- Alignment of the identification and assessment process as required by the Texas State Plan to the process that is already in place within a district and/or campus.
- Understanding and preparing for the responsibilities of an administrator/counselor that oversees the campus GT program.